DreamBaby - Dreamcast RGB (15khz | 31Khz) Video Adapter [Completed]March 30, 2022
Purchase from Tindie: Buy DreamBaby
DreamBaby is a compact and efficient Sega Dreamcast AV Multi-out to DSUB (with 3.5mm audio-output) adapter to output 15Khz (240p) and 31Khz (480p) video.
The DreamBaby is unique in that it can output both RGBHV, and RGBs, by using a sync combiner circuit. The Hsync and Vsync are taken directly off the Dreamcast GPU with Csync generated from these signals. This results in being able to utilize both 15Khz and 31Khz in both RGBHV and RGBs mode.
Finally, no more poor quality, clunky, unshielded, leaky capacitor SCART cables; convert your Dreamcast output to shielded VGA connection right away!
Some features of this product:
- No external power required
- Change between 15Khz and 31Khz output via jumpers
- Change between RGBHV and RGBs via jumpers
- Female D-Sub (15-pin) video output
- 3.5mm audio jack output
- Premium Kemet 220uF caps and passive components
- High quality PCB, ENIG plated; in matte black finish
Note that this device does not upscale. To properly handle 15Khz (240p) or 31Khz (480p) RGB signals, you will have to either:
- Utilize a proper monitor that can support this signal natively. Generally this includes most CRT equipment, professional broadcast gear, and some specialized modern LED/TFT/VA flat panels.
- Connect the output from this device to a video upscaler which can scale to 480p (or higher) which can support very large majority of modern equipment.