DreamBaby - Dreamcast RGB (15khz | 31Khz) Video Adapter [Completed]March 30, 2022
Purchase from Tindie: Buy DreamBaby
DreamBaby is a compact and efficient Sega Dreamcast AV Multi-out to DSUB (with 3.5mm audio-output) adapter; to output 15Khz (240p) and 31Khz (480p) video.
On Dreamcast systems, this adapter will utilize the RGBHV video-out directly from the console - composite sync (Csync) is not used. This adapter follows the same configuration as the infamous Dreamcast VGA Box, in a significantly more compact form factor.
Note that this device does not upscale or do any sort of transcoding.
Finally, no more poor quality, clunky, unshielded, leaky capacitor SCART cables; convert your Dreamcast output to shielded VGA connection right away!
Some features of this product:
- No external power required
- Change between 15Khz and 31Khz output via jumpers
- Female D-Sub (15-pin) video output
- 3.5mm audio jack output
- Premium Kemet 220uF caps and passive components
- High quality PCB, ENIG plated; in matte black finish
To properly handle 15Khz (240p) or 31Khz (480p) RGB signals, you will have to either:
- Utilize a proper monitor that can support this signal natively. Generally this includes most CRT equipment, professional broadcast gear, and some specialized modern LED/TFT/VA flat panels.
- Connect the output from this device to a video upscaler which can scale to 480p (or higher) which can support very large majority of modern equipment.