Setting up OPL on PS2 (with PS1 Compatibility)
Basic initial setup of OPL on PS2
This tutorial assumes you already have SAMBA (smb) running, refer to my tutorial here if not.
For PS1 compatibility You need these additional tools
- Latest POPSTARTER ELF file (for PS1) Here
- POPS_IOX.PAK Official Sony emulator of the PlayStation (PS1) for PlayStation 2 (PS2) Here
- PSXVCD Here
Alternatively you can convert your BIN/CUE disc images to .VCD files using the latest stable version of CUE2POPS ; Put your .VCD files in the “POPS” directory of your PS2 shared folder.
Two files to edit in POPSTARTER folder.
- IPCONFIG.DAT (your PS2’s IP)
- SMBCONFIG.DAT (your Samba network IP)
For PS1 support:
- Place “POPSTARTER” folder on mc#/: (#is wildcard for slot 0 or 1)
- Place “POPS_IOX.PAK” and “POPSTARTER.ELF” in POPS folder on your Samba share.