SyncBaby - SNES RGB (15khz | 240p) Video Adapter [Completed]September 29, 2020
Purchase from Tindie: Buy SyncBaby
SyncBaby is a compact and efficient SNES AV Multi-out to VGA D-Sub (with 3.5mm audio-ouput) for your Super Nintendo to output 15Khz (240p) RGB.
Finally, no more poor quality, clunky, unshielded, leaky capacitor SCART cables; convert your SNES output to shielded VGA connection right away!
Some features of this board:
- Onboard power filtering through decoupling capacitors
- No external power required
- Genuine Texas Instruments LM1881 sync separator and cleaner
- Clean 15Khz (240p) RGBs output
- Female D-Sub connector output
- 3.5mm audio jack output
- High quality PCB in matte black finish
The SyncBaby outputs a 15Khz (240p) RGB signal, you will have to either:
- Utilize a proper monitor that can support this signal natively. Generally this includes most CRT equipment, professional broadcast gear, and some specialized modern LED/TFT/VA flat panels.
- Connect the output from this device to a video upscaler which can scale to 480p (or higher) which can support very large majority of modern equipment.
All SNES units are compatible with the SyncBaby without modification; with exception to the SNES Mini/Jr units, which were some of the last SNES units produced and were a smaller than normal form factor (they were more rounded, and not boxy looking). These specific models will require modification to properly use this device, as they do not natively support RGB output. See the photo below for a comparison.
Back Side Multi AV Output
Plugged into System
|1||SJ1-3533N||CONN JACK STEREO 3.5MM R/A|
|3||160R15W104KV4T||CAP CER 0.1UF 16V X7R 0805|
|3||A750BG227M0JAAE020||CAP ALUM POLY 220UF 20% 6.3V T/H|
|1||LM1881N/NOPB||IC VIDEO SYNC SEPARATOR 8-DIP|
|1||F951C106MPAAQ||CAP TANT 10UF 16V 20% 0805|
|1||SD0805S020S1R0||DIODE SCHOTTKY 20V 1A 0805|
|1||SNES AV PLUG||Original Equipment|
|1||1734530-3||TE Connectivity AMP Connectors 5749768-1 (FEMALE)|