GBS Control Apogee (2021) [Completed]
Purchase from Tindie: Tindie store
What is it?
This is a variant of the Rama GBSC as described Here
Everything described in the article above applies here, with key difference that this variant replaces the rear-facing DSUB input with a rear-facing SCART input.
- Rear facing SCART input, so all your cabling can be at the rear of unit.
- Recessed VGA to HDMI output, with integrated power.[*1]
- Texas Instruments LM1881 sync separator and cleaner.[*2]
- 3.5mm audio output (which can feed into the HDMI adapter for audio injection).
- Only an inch larger than the GBS8200 footprint, with no side-ports.
[*1] Note that on the VGA to HDMI adapter, the USB power is not used, and instead the adapter is modified to take power from the DSUB header. This is a lovely modification in that it avoids having to run a USB cable to the dongle.
[*2] This unit strips csync from composite video (from SCART input).
As before, all orders come with a clockgen modification as well for the ultimate unit. The Clockgen modifications correct minor screen tearing that some people have encountered in specific system configurations.
The DSUB at the rear of the unit can still be used (located underneath the SCART port) with basic VGA cables that do not have a large housing. The traditional blue-ended VGA cables common throughout the 90’s will fit fine.comments powered by Disqus